This is one of my new favorite recipes. It is meant to be an appetizer but I like it for dinner - especially with the creole mustard sauce (it is so yummy - a little hot so not really for kids but so good). To make it a little healthier, I added flaxseed meal to the captain crunch mixture that you dip the chicken in. I added probably about 1/4 a cup and you couldn't tell at all. Some of the tips I have about making this is to put the flour mixture in a bag and dump all the chicken in with it and mix it up. It is so much faster than one by one. Then, once they are ready to fry (and you can bake them), I place them on wax paper so I can cook them all at once. Also, with the creole mustard sauce, you can use Dijon mustard or spicy mustard instead of creole style mustard (which I have not been able to find). Also, if you don't have celery or onion, it doesn't really make a difference. I didn't have those this last time when I made it and I couldn't tell the difference. Anyway, if you try this, I hope you like it - I really do!
Happy Birthday Blazer...
5 months ago
1 comment:
This sounds so good - I can't wait to try it. It looks like something the kids might enjoy too.
Post a Comment