Monday, June 22, 2009

It's Official!

I changed her name!  Alexis Michelle is now
Kesley Michelle

I still love the name Alexis (and especially Lexi) - but it just didn't fit.  So, after days of it driving me crazy, I finally decided late last night to change it.  Today, I even got it changed on her birth certificate - so it really is official.  So, the twins names are (and will remain to be):

Cameron Thomas
and
Kesley Michelle

15 comments:

Rachel said...

I LOVE it! She does look like a Kesley! My dad told me to check tonight for a big blog post! I couldn't imagine what it would be! Very fun.

Rachel said...

Um. . . is that fingernail paint on your one week old daughter?

Michelle said...

Yes it is fingernail polish but it was NOT me that put it on her. It was my cousin Cortney - she wouldn't leave until she painted little Kesley's nails.

Amy said...

I love, love, love seeing pics of the twins! Kesley and Cameron are just too cute!

Michele said...

That is a cute name and they sound like they go together. They are so adorable. I hope you are getting some sleep!

Jolley's said...

Cute! Glad to know I'm not the only one who has a hard time picking names. We did the exact same thing with Braxten---and boy am I glad I did. He fits his name soooo much better than the first one we came home from the hospital with.

Dave and Sherri said...

You're a nut :) I'm glad you found a name you can love forever. I love how the two sound together too. They are such beautiful babies!

The O'Havers said...

I really like Kesley! It's different. You don't hear that name all the time. I'm a fan of different names. I too like that the two names sound alike. And...Cortney would paint a one week olds finger nails!! Gotta love her!

Angela said...

Congrats! They are adorable! Love the names too. Hope all is going well.

Anonymous said...

Cute as ever. Had to check for the name change update. Your kids are darling- glad you are having so much fun. Alexandra and I are getting ready to stop by for a visit! See you soon, Dani

Gina said...

I am still laughing at you, but I do think the names fit together better. The pic is pretty dang cute too! Corey sad he would still call her Alexis though..he said she will always be Alexis to him..what a wierdo!

Gina said...

I should have spelled checked my last comment - oh well! I am tired from our awesome beach trip today! Remember last summer?? So fun!

Wendy Hansen said...

So cute, they are beautiful. I like the name too. Ashley was originally going to be Rachel until the last minute, same thing, it just didn't fit, and I agree, she is a total Ashley. Mom's know best.

Betsy said...

The twins are absolutely adorable! I am so glad you sent the FB update - I hadn't been on your blog to see their names at all yet! Very cute names for very cute babies!

Haylee said...

I do envy you - wish I was having twins this time around, but we'll take what we can get. I'm feeling a lot better with the morning sickness pretty much gone, thank goodness! I'll be visiting my sister Angelyn in Highland for a week from July 17th - 23rd and would love to catch up with you guys!