Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday Gavin!




My sweet little guy turned 4 yesterday!  He has seemed much older than 3 for a long time - so it is nice to finally be able to say he is actually 4.  

I was feeling so bad that I wasn't giving him a party with a few of his friends - I just couldn't do it this year - but I think his birthday turned out okay.  I did manage to buy him a few presents and make him a Yoshi birthday cake.  At first, he wanted a Bowser cake but luckily, he changed his mind and wanted a Yoshi cake (for those who don't have little boys, they are both characters in Super Mario Brothers).  After Church, we opened presents and had cupcakes.  That night, we had some friends over for cake and ice cream so in his mind, he did have a party.  Happy Birthday Gavin!  We love you!

He was so funny all day.  He had been asking for weeks if he was 4 yet so when we asked him on his birthday if he was 4 yet, he said, "No, not until I eat birthday cake."  What a silly boy!  So, finally, after we ate Yoshi cake, he said he was 4!

6 comments:

~Sandy said...

Awesome cake!!! I hope he had a wonderful birthday!!!

Dave and Sherri said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAVIN! It looks like it was loads of fun. I can't believe you made that cake! You have to teach me!!! So cute!

Michele said...

Happy Birthday Gavin! I am so glad he got his cake or he would still be 3:) You are a stud, awesome cake! Hello I couldn't make that cake on my best day. You rock sister!!!

Jolley's said...

Happy B-day Gavin! We've gotten so bad at remembering to call for all the cousin b-days. Hard to believe Maddi's "baby" is so grown up!

Amy said...

Happy birthday Gavin! Your Yoshi cake turned out wonderful. Ella was so excited to see it after I told her you were making one. Can I just again say I am amazed at all you are doing at the end of this pregnancy - you are super mom!

Gina said...

You are the CAKE MASTER - you make the cutest cakes! You should make a link on your blog and have pics of ALL the cakes you have made over the years!!! Seriously!