Saturday, May 23, 2009

Gavin's Opinion of Mommy at 35 Weeks


While Gavin was eating breakfast yesterday, he very seriously said, 
"Mom, first you were a skinny girl."
Then he paused and said,
"Now you are fat."

What a way to start the day!  At least he started with the fact that I use to be skinny!  But who can blame him for thinking I am fat - look at the pictures - I am HUGE!

Yesterday I was officially 35 weeks pregnant!!!!!  Hopefully I can make it at least another week or two.  But at most, I only have to make it 20 more days (as of today)!  I am miserable and would like to be done being pregnant, but for the twins sake, I hope they stay in until 38 weeks!  My mom comes today so there is hope that I can make it to 38 weeks since I will be able to rest more!  Everyone is very excited for her to come!

10 comments:

Amy said...

You look great! I am so glad your mom will be there today. Yay for extra help! Gavin is hilarious. Ella loves to tell me how big my belly is. Makes me feel great :)

Rachel said...

Look at those feet! You poor thing, that looks extremely uncomfortable. I am glad you are so willing to stick it out for their sakes. It will be worth it. Just think, by the time these babies come, you'll be begging for that labor pain! Hurray for you and I know you will be a skinny girl again. . . :)

Jolley's said...

I agree with Rachel, you'll get skinny again. As uncomfortable as I'm sure you are, you're right, it'll be better to keep them in as long as possible, and at least now you can see the light at the end of the tunnel...20 more days max! Can't wait to see pics of them!

Erin said...

at least your legs are still skinny--this means you'll be back in no time looking like the michelle i knew in our office in grad school. ;-)

you look great.

Ellie said...

Aren't you glad they are coming at the beginning of the summer instead of at the end of it!! Glad your mom is coming to help. Is she bringing you 4 buckets of red vines like she always used to during college?

Also, I just have to say that you are appropriately big but it is ALL baby (babies). I'm so impressed that you can even stand up to have your picture taken. Now go lie down and put your feet up. :-)

Michele said...

Hey you still have skinny little legs! You look great concidering there are 2 babies in there:)Good luck with these final days. I am so glad your mom is here now to help you. That will make things a ton easier!

Gina said...

I am still laughing about this story since you told it to me yesterday. You are huge, but seriously it is all baby. You look miserable, but NOT FAT!
MOMMY TO THE RESCUE - so happy!

Wendy Hansen said...

Aren't kids great for the self esteem? I'm glad you posted a picture on here, you look great. Your belly does not match the rest of you because you are all baby, it almost looks photoshopped.

I'm so glad that your mom is coming to help. You are such a good little momma, I'm sure that you are completely miserable, but hanging in there for your sweet, beautiful little babies.

Donna said...

So glad your mom is here now!! Put those feet up and rest. PLEASE call me if I/we can do anything!! And put me on your list of "must call" when the babies do come. :)

Tiffany said...

You're not fat mommy- you are just full of babies! You look great!