Saturday, April 18, 2009

Gavin's opinion of food cooked with love

The other day, the boys were watching a show (while I was cooking dinner & they were eating) and they were cooking something on the show and they said the last ingredient was love.  They boys asked what that meant.  I started to explain that it means the food is cooked with love, that the person cooking the food is cooking it because they love you.  Here is what Gavin thought of things cooked with love:

"Love is kisses." (with a very disgusted look on his face)
Then he took a bite of his food and said, "Yuck, I can taste the love.  I don't want food with love in it.  Mom, cook me some without love."

Yeah - I will get right on that - food without love!

4 comments:

Michele said...

That is hilarious. You got to love kids! Now only if he only felt that way at 16:)

Dave and Sherri said...

Okay, that's classic! Love it!! Oops, maybe I shouldn't love it... :)

Wendy Hansen said...

That is so very funny, I LOVE hearing all of the funny things that your kids say. I think it wouldn't be hard to cook dinners without love, it gets so tiresome day after day.

Ellie said...

Gavin wins the laugh out loud quote of the day. VERY funny!