Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Boys BIG Spring Break Adventure (Day 1)





Before the boys had their spring break, Ed told them to plan what they wanted to do for their big adventure - he was going to take time off work to play with them (which was fabulous since I haven't been able to do much of anything with them lately and won't be able to for quite a while).  The boys came up with a HUGE list of things they wanted to do.  I thought Ed was going to have them pick one or two of the things to do but instead he told them to come up with a schedule and they would do it!  The boys were so excited!  We came up with a schedule - which actually was going to take 2 days.  They were going to have their big adventure on Thursday and Friday but there was so much snow that week (the weather was horrible - in one day we got 10-12 inches of snow at our house and Snowbird got over 40 inches in just a couple of days) that Ed had to go skiing/snowboarding on Friday with one of his friends.  So the big adventure was on Thursday and then Saturday afternoon (after Ed rode his bike 55 miles as a warm up for his 100 mile race).

Day 1 - IHOP, Kangaroo Zoo, Chuck E. Cheese's, Bowling, and Monsters vs. Aliens (the movie)
Day 2 - Boondocks (which is like 4 places in one)

What a GREAT dad!  The boys will never forget their BIG Spring Break Adventure!

5 comments:

Wendy Hansen said...

Wow, taking all of that on by himself is amazing. I am totally nominating him for Dad of the year. I am assuming that he took lots of pictures for your scrapbooks too, since I am hoping tha you weren't following them around but at home resting.

Michelle said...

Oh yes, I was resting at home. I did not follow them around. Ed was very good at taking pictures for me!

Jolley's said...

Wow, what a fun two days! Now Ed's set a precedence for every Spring Break to follow :)

I'm sure that was nice for you to get to stay home and rest a bit as well, I don't know how you're even still coping being prego--I get so uncomfortable with just one--can't even begin to imagine what two would do! Hang in there!

Rachel said...

I am exhausted just reading about this day!!! I'm sure the boys will never forget it.

Donna said...

WOW!! What a day! I just might have to encourage one of those days for Steve and his girls for a daddy daughter outing. That is one packed day... I bet they all slept well that night too! My kids always crash after time at one of those places, can't imagine all 3!