Sunday, February 22, 2009

Obama visits Dobson (my old High School)

Not much has been happening this week at our house - but my mom had an exciting week.  On Wednesday, President Obama spoke at Dobson High School in Mesa, AZ (the high school me and all my siblings graduated from and the school that my mom teaches at).  It turned out to be a crazy but exciting day for her since on Tuesday, the principal, told her that since she was head of the Social Studies Department she had a ticket to go to the President's speech.  He was talking about the stimulus package he had signed the day before.  My mom said it was fun to see everything that happens when the President comes (including Dobson getting all fixed up and looking great and all the Secret Service).  Anyway, she sent me some pictures (and the White House is suppose to be sending them more) that I thought I would share.  She ended up being on the 7th row on the floor so she had a GREAT view.

1 comment:

Wendy Hansen said...

That is so exciting. I watched it on TV and kept hoping I would get a glimpse of her when they showed the crowd, but no luck. I'm glad that she got some good pictures.