Wednesday, February 4, 2009

And the TWINS are . . .

Holy cow!  I can't believe it.  We are going to have a little girl and a little boy (okay - actually 5 little boys)!  Twin A is the girl and will be born first.  Twin B is the boy and will be born second.  It was so much fun to see them in the ultrasound.  She is already kicking her little brother in the head and he is doing flips!  They both look really healthy and are about the same size (she is about 1 pound 11 ounces and he is about 1 pound 12 ounces).

I had to do a little shopping after Ed and I went to lunch.  I bought 2 cute little dresses (I just need to get little shirts/onsies to go under them).  Poor little guy didn't get anything new (that is why there is just a truck in the picture above and no clothes) - but I won't forget about him.  He will get plenty of stuff and attention!

We are so excited to have seen them and for them to be healthy!  Now I just have to figure out what to do with a little girl!

28 comments:

Kryss said...

YAY! Congratulations -- I'm so excited for you all. I'm glad to hear they are healthy and that you'll finally have your little girl. She'll have so much fun with all of those great brothers!

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh!!! Hurray for two healthy babies and I"m so glad you get to have a daughter! IT's wonderful!

Kim Rollins said...

Yaaaaaaaay! I'm so glad that 1) they're healthy and 2) there's one of each!! Sooo excited for you guys. :-)

jamie said...

congrats! congrats! congrats! that little girl is going to be one cool girl with 5 brothers! i'm so excited for you both! :)

Angela said...

Congrats Michelle. That girl is going to be one tough girl! I am so excited for you. One of each... that will be a riot!

Betsy said...

So happy for you guys!

Roseann said...

A boy and a girl! How fun! I love that you went shopping already. Sounds like what I would do!

Wendy Hansen said...

Hip, Hip, Hooray! I am so thrilled for you. It's so wonderful to know that your babies are healthy and growing strong. And I am abosolutely SO excited for you to even get a little girl in there too, it's like a cherry on top! Don't worry, my little girl is surrounded by brothers too and she still came out a girly girly girl!

Sandy said...

I have been checking all day for this post. Yeah!!! I too am so happy for you guys. What a great day for your family. I bet your mom is just thrilled as can be too. Congrats and just for the rcord, my vote was for one of each.

jlj said...

woo hoo! woo hoo for a little pink!
congratulations!

Jolley's said...

Yeah! Congrats! Finally another girl cousin to support the troops! I'm so glad that you finally get a girl...every mom should definetly have a girl!

Michele said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited for you guys. It is so good to see pink in the Webecke house. I can't wait to to hear the name you picked out for her. I am so happy to hear all is well with both of them. Congrats!

Amanda Stephan said...

Woo-hoo!!!! That is so exciting! I'm glad you are FINALLY having a girl.....and a new little boy will be fun too! lol.

Dave and Sherri said...

YEA!!! I was actuall out and about today and had to call a friend to check your blog for me. I'm SO SO SO excited for you to have a girl - then you'll know why I'm fine with my 3 :) Don't buy any hair bows - let me make them for you - check out shindyz.com!
CONGRATZ!!!

Amy said...

We are so so excited for you guys! How fun to finally get a little girl. I really think it will be neat to have one of each. One of my good friends has a twin brother and she always has the neatest stories about things they did together growing up. They are still best friends.

Congrats again!!

iamwonderwoman said...

Congrats on the News! She is going to have lots of Big Brothers looking after her!!

The Tremendous Thomas Family said...

A GIRL!!!!! We are thrilled for you guys. I think it will be so sweet to have one of each. We are excited for his arrival also he will be in good hands with all those brothers. Your children are truly blessed to come to you and Ed. You guys are wonderful parents. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers that everything will continue to go smoothly!

Grandma Snow said...

What great news! The "big" boys will have so much fun with the new little ones, what a wonderful family! And you'll enjoy playing "dress up" with the girl! Hope you are feeling well and getting enough rest! Congratulations!
Arlene

LJB said...

So Dallin was right! A girl and a boy how wonderful! I'm so excited for you! Baby girl clothes are so fun to buy! Polka dots, frills, bows.......

Anonymous said...

Alright! I'm so glad to hear the news. All those little boys will love her soooo much. That will be an intimadating house for her dates to come to with five protective brothers, and based on history, we know the boy will be cute. Congrats!

Dave and Sherri said...

Wow Michelleee, 20 comments. You're doing good :) Thanks SO much for the chat today. It was so good to talk to you again! I just wanted to get you this website really quick.
http://members.fortunecity.com/uvmom/
I have a few phone numbers as well:
Jennifer McDonald 794-1248
Heather Waters 785-1648
Kathy Linderman 768-9688
The group is called Utah Valley Mothers of Multiples.
Have a fantastic night!

Anonymous said...

Can't stop thinking about you guys! So excited. I know you are shopping online right now! Right. NOw.

congrats- It was fun to see you and Ed with perma grins last night.

hee hee.

Ellie said...

Poor Twin B! He's not even born yet and he's already getting the she short end of the stick! ;-) So hooray for one that completes your basketball team and one that can be the cheerleader. Have fun! How are you feeling, by the way?

Amanda Stephan said...

Don't worry...he only called Mrs. Brady lazy because she has a maid for her grown up children! ha ha. He's a dork! And maybe we should take a little trip up there so we can meet the twins!

Kristin said...

I'm glad that the twins are doing great. I voted for two girls. I know as long as they are healthy it doesn't matter what it is or "they" (in your case). We all love them just he same. Can't wait to hear the names you pick out. Hope everything is going well in your pregnancy :)

Mo said...

yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the girl especially :) I hope everything continues to go well.

Anonymous said...

Hooray Michelle! Now you will have to change the name of your blog to " A bunch of boys and US!"

Aunt Nette said...

Yea! I am so excited for you both. It will be nice to have some hormones in the house besides Testosterone. Love and miss you.