Brecken definitely knows what he wants. Last night (or really this morning), he woke up and was crying (not normal for healthy Brecken). Bless Ed, he went in to calm him down - but it didn't work. A minute later Ed was back in our room and Brecken was still crying. So, I got up and went in, held him for a minute and went back to bed. When I got in bed this is how our conversation went:
Ed - How did you do that?
Me - I picked him up and held him for a minute and put him back down.
Ed - Oh. I picked him up and he put his hand out and felt my face and started crying more. So, I thought that meant he wanted to be in his crib so I put him back down.
Me - He loves me!
Ed - He just wants his Mommy!
Me - Oh, he needs to get over that!
3 comments:
How cute is he! Isn't it great to be loved! (Except if it's in the wee hours of the morning!)
What a funny guy. I agree, it's not to be loved EXCEPT in the middle of the night. I guess him knowing it wasn't you by feeling his face means that you don't have whiskers? that's a good thing.
It is bittersweet when the only want you> It boosts te self esteem, but is hard to have them glued to your side ALL the time.Good for ED for trying to take care of it so you wouldn't have to!
Post a Comment