Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy Sounds!

Yeah! I finally went to the doctor today and we heard BOTH heart beats.  I have been so nervous about everything - especially once the thought came to me that because there are 2, twice as much can go wrong.  But the doctor assured me there were TWO different heartbeats.  Twin A's heart rate was about 140 and Twin B's heart rate was about 150 - both good.  The doctor said that heart rates between 120 and 160 are good.

More happy news is that if I do make it to 38 weeks, they will induce me!!!!  I also got a prescription to help with the nausea.  Ed asked if twins really makes you more sick.  Luckily, the doctor said YES!  He said it really is two pregnancies put together.  That since there are two placenta's, that you are more sick and more tired.  That is very true for me - I was so tired and sick last night, that after a day of doing not much of anything, I went to be at 7:15 pm and didn't get up until 8:00 am (with getting up a few times for the bathroom).

The doctor did say that I won't get another ultrasound until 20 weeks (8 weeks from now - beginning of February) but after that I will get one about every 6 weeks to make sure the babies are growing at the right rate, etc.  So, for now, I have to be happy with hearing TWO heartbeats!  

6 comments:

Amy said...

YAY!! That is such happy news.

So if a pregnant woman's body resting is doing as much work as someone mountain climbing - you must be doing the equivalent of climbing Mt Everest!

Dave and Sherri said...

That is amazing! I'm so excited but very nervous for you :) You're going to be amazing! I can't wait to see if you get a girl! Good luck!

Michele said...

I am so glad for you guys that all is going well. You will be a great mother to 6!!!

Mo said...

Yea!!!!!! I hope you get enough sleep ;)

Rachel said...

Yea! We can't wait for the next ultrasound!

Donna said...

Gotta love technology that lets you know your babies are ok! Thinking of you!