Thursday, September 25, 2008

New & Fun Treats



Last night was mini-Enrichment and since I am on the mini-Enrichment committee, I took dessert (along with another one of my friends).  Well, lets just say I went a little overboard.  I have a bunch of recipes I have been wanting to try but didn't have a place to take them.  So, when I realized I had to take dessert to this, I jumped on it.  I tried 3 new recipes - all of which I got from the Picky Palate blog.  And if that wasn't enough, since it was my last mini-Enrichment in this ward (our ward boundaries are changing on Sunday) I also made my Chocolate Cake to make sure I took at least one really good dessert.  Anyway, from what everyone said, they were all really good.  I am on South Beach right now so I haven't tasted them - but they seemed to be a hit.  Apparently, you can't taste the Oreos or the brownies in the Brownie Swirled Peanut Butter Oreo Cookies - be careful to not over cook them (that makes them dry) - but they tasted good and look kind of fun.  Anyway, have fun with them!  When I made the Chocolate Chip Cookie Cup Treats, I made a full recipe of cookie dough (with 2 kinds of semi-sweet chips, a little bit of dark chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips) and only but the Rice Krispy treats on half.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Yummo! I can't beleive you can make all of this and not taste. That is discipline! So are you losing all your friends again when the ward splits?

The O'Havers said...

Oh I can't wait to try those! You know you and me and chocolate! Can't live without it!

Donna said...

Holy Moly! I think I gained 5 lbs just by reading this post! It looks so good! We're so looking forward to getting you back in our ward! I'll be glad to get to see you more often!

Ellie said...

When have you ever not gone overboard? I think that's the only way you know how to do it. :-) They all look amazing!

MET said...

would you PLEASE stop being the over-achiever...I know that I will never live up, but I keep trying and am getting a little tired. BTW, our ward ROCKS!! So you better continue this for us...who am I kidding, if I wanted it, all I would have to do is hint at it. I love ya-Thanks for being a great friend!