Monday, September 8, 2008

I don't even know what to say . . .

So yesterday, we were at our friends (Jason & Michelle) house for dinner (well, some of us, Ed was home with sick & sleeping Matthew and Brecken - why take a baby that gets into everything if you don't have to).  We had eaten dinner and the kids were playing down in the basement.  All of a sudden, Gavin is calling for me.  I ignore him for a minute and finally go see what is going on.  I get to the top of the stairs and Gavin tells me that he had peed and pointed to the tile at the bottom of the stairs.  I hurried down the stairs to see what was going on - I was very confused because his pants (on the front) were dry.  He then proceeded to show me where he had peed.  He had peed in a toy bin (luckily no toys were in it) - unfortunately (if peeing NOT in a toilet wasn't bad enough) the bin had slits in the sides so some of the pee got on the carpet.  I wanted to die.  I had to go upstairs and tell our friends (who recently finished their basement and have FABULOUS carpet) that my 3 year old had just peed on their basement floor.  I just don't know what he was thinking!  Gotta love 3 year olds!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Ha Ha - my brother did the exact same thing at that age. My mom and I were just talking about it the other day. He was next door at a friend's house and the mom brought him home saying he had peed in a bucket under the friend's bed. My mom swore up and down that she had to be mistaken because he had been trained for quite awhile. But nope, after her friend left my brother admitted to the crime!

Sometimes you just wonder what's going on in their little minds.

Gina said...

Ha Ha Ha - that is pretty funny. Things that I have to look forward to.

Rachel said...

Dude. I think that's about all you can say!

MET said...

It makes for a great story! It will be my boys soon enough. You are just my crystal ball to see what is to come with the boys :). We love him no matter where he pees!

Donna said...

Gotta love it! Made me laugh! : )