

Matthew had a rough start today. At the beginning of the summer, Matthew was so excited for kindergarten. But as it got closer, he started to get more and more scared. Then this morning, he seemed okay about school - almost even excited. When we first got to school, he was okay - especially when he saw his friend Austin and he got to play on the playground with him. He was even okay when it was time to go into his classroom (even though he wouldn't let me take a picture of the 2 of us). Once we got in there we did a list of things his teacher (Mrs. Fotheringham) had on the board for us to do. Then it was time for me to leave - that is when he fell about. He started to cry. I tried bribing him with everything from pizza to a new wii game. I thought I had him with the wii game but no luck. Finally, his teacher had to hold him back (what a great start - having his teacher restrain him on the first day). I will admit, I cried a little walking out to my car. Luckily, one of my friends who has a little boy in the same class drove past me as I was getting into my car and told me that Matthew was fine. She said that once Mrs. Fotheringham started to read a story, he calmed right down. Thank heavens! I seriously think I would have cried for the next 2.5 hours until it was time to pick him up. And boy what a different little guy he was when he came out of school. He came running to me, ALL SMILES and telling me what a great time he had and that he was excited to go back tomorrow! Cross your fingers for me that tomorrow goes well!
4 comments:
Sorry it was such a rough start. A little boy in Tay's class started to cry too and I ran out the door as quick as I could because I was afraid it would set Taylor off. But she did ok as far as I know! Glad he ended the day well!
Oh, and your pics are TOO cute!
What a cutie! I would have had such a hard time leaving. I was the one crying when Spencer went to kindergarten - he was a little too happy to be there :) Is Matthew at the same school as Dallin?
Seriously had a lump in my throat thinking of cute Matthew being scared and sad. Glad it all worked out.
Cute pages.
Dani
Post a Comment