Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Matthew is in LOVE!

Matthew came home from school today all goofy (even more goofy than normal).  Finally I got him to tell my why he was being so silly and this is what he said,

"I am kind of in love with a girl!"

What does that mean to a 5 year old?  Of course I had to try to get more out of him.  This is what he told me,

"I am in love with Allie.  She has been my special friend 3 times and today she told me 'it feels like I'm in love with you'.  And I thought in my head, why am I in love with her?"

"She is my best friend now.  But I don't know where she lives."

I asked if he played with her at recess and he said, 

"No, I just play with other guys."

Wow - my little guy's first little crush (besides my cousin "Big Gavin's" wife Amanda)!  I did find his class picture so I could see what she looks like - and she looks a lot like Big Gavin's Amanda - what a shocker!  I told Matthew that she was a cutie pie and he said, "Yep!"  My Gavin was funny and said, "Aaaaaaa, I don't want her to see me (referring to her picture) cause then she will be in love with me!"  So silly!

4 comments:

Amanda Stephan said...

I always knew he would be a heartbreaker...I just didn't know he would start so young! ha ha.

The O'Havers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The O'Havers said...

Look at that grin of his!! That is hilarious!! I don't even know if I knew the words "in love" at that age. Hee hee! Your kids say the cutest most clever things ever. Maybe it comes from their genius parents. :)

Wendy Hansen said...

What a handsome boy that Matthew is, no wonder she is in love. It's so hilarious to hear kids' takes on things. You better keep your eye on the cutie patootie.