
Brecken scared me yesterday - he thought it would be fun to not be able to breathe. He had had a rough day - wanting to be held but wanting down - just not happy. By the afternoon, he was wheezing and hurting with every breathe (and cried non-stop for 30 minutes and it didn't matter what I did). We tried the hot shower, steam thing (not cold enough outside) but that did no good. So, I called the doctor and said we were coming in. Then called my cute little neighbor and she came over to babysit the big 3. When we got to the doctors (which luckily is about 3 minutes away), they took us straight back to the doctor and he immediately gave Brecken a breathing treatment - which was me holding a mask over his face for 5-8 minutes. Let's just say Brecken did NOT enjoy it. But he was a MILLION times better afterwards - he could actually breathe and seemed to be more himself! They also gave him another shot. Today he is better - I did have to sit in front of an open window with him early this morning (it definitely was cold enough) for about 45 minutes - but it helped. And so far today he is still breathing! He doesn't go far from me - we have cuddled a lot (which is NOT Brecken) - but he is taking a nap (at least for a few minutes) and seems to be okay.
2 comments:
Yuck - we had to do breathing treatments with Ella almost any time she got a cold (a side effect of having RSV at 5 months) so I know how hard it is.
Hope he feels better soon. :)
I hope your little guy gets better fast! I am impressed you have still been able to blog while holding him. You are good!
Post a Comment