Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy 8th Birthday Dallin (yesterday)

Happy Birthday Dallin!  I can't believe my baby turned 8 yesterday!  I had hoped to scrapbook his birthday pictures but I am just not up to it today.  Dallin is really into Legos these days so he wanted a Lego cake - not my best cake but he liked it and it was all I could do.  All in all, I think he had a good day.  It started with swimming lessons (which he LOVES), and then his first time going to cub scouts, then Gram took him and his brothers (Matthew & Gavin) to lunch at McDonald's (his choice).  That night he picked what we had for dinner (hamburgers) and then we opened presents and a few of our friends came over to help eat his cake.  Later this week Ed is going to take them somewhere fun for his birthday.

Dallin could get baptized July 11 (our stake isn't doing baptisms on July 4) but I need more time to recover and I want to bless the twins on the same day.  So, he will get baptized August 1.  

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Big D! Ethan can hardly wait to join you in the 8 is great club!

Dave and Sherri said...

Happy Birthday Dallin - this is a big one :) Michelle, I can't believe he's 8!!! I remember when you were prego with him. He is truly growing up to be an amazing kid! (the cake is amazing by the way!)

Cynthia said...

woo-hooo!!! glad you're taking more time to recover! What time are you planning on the baptism/blessings? Elijah's baptism is scheduled for the same day at Noon--but we can move that if need be.

Gina said...

I can't believe he is 8! I am so excited - I will be there in less than two weeks!

Michele said...

I can't believe how fast time goes! His cake was darling. How fun to baptize your oldest and bless your babies all in the same weekend. Cool and smart.

Jolley's said...

Be sure to send Dallin our B-day love!