Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ed Graduated . . . For the Third Time!


What a GREAT day!  On Friday, May 3, Ed graduated from the University of Utah (that hurts to say - we are definitely BYU fans in our house).  This time, he got his Executive MBA.  I say this time (for those who don't know) because he graduated from BYU back in 1998 in music and computer science with a minor in physics.  And he got his Juris Doctor in 2006 from Concord Law School (and then passed the California Bar on his first try - just for fun).  I am so glad he is done with school - it has been a LONG 6 years.  But Ed loves school so it was worth it.  It will be nice to have him around more.

Graduation day was a fun, and eventful day - besides Ed graduating.  The night before, Dallin had woken up crying because his ear hurt.  After some Motrin and a little TV, he went back to sleep and seemed fine in the morning.  So, since he was feeling fine, we went to Kangaroo Zoo as planned (the boys earned enough "We-bucks" to go).  It is a really fun place with the HUGE blow up toys (www.kangaroozoo.net).  While there, Matthew hit his face on Ed's foot and chipped two of his teeth - he needs to go to the dentist this week, what fun.  After Kangaroo Zoo, on the way home, Dallin started to cry because of his ear.  So, I called the doctor and took him there.  The doctor said his right ear, the one that really hurt, was infected and had a HUGE bulge in it - that is why it hurt so much.  The doctor said his ear hadn't burst yet, but probably would.  He also said the left ear was also infected.  We got some medicine into Dallin and thought he was doing great.  Then on our way out the door to go to graduation, Dallin said something was coming out of his ear.  I didn't believe him until I saw stuff coming out of his ear.  And, stuff is still coming out over 2 days later.  So, when Brecken goes to the doctor tomorrow to see about getting tubes, Dallin is going to come with us so the doctor can make sure he is okay (he had a fever again tonight).  It might really be a long week. 

4 comments:

Amy said...

Holy cow - your kids and ear infections, so crazy!! I feel so bad for them, poor little guys. Congrats on the graduation - I hope he really is done with school this time (j/k) :)

Jolley's said...

Sounds like a fun week! :) Those darn ear infections are NO FUN! Hopefully the tubes help Gavin! We're a big fan of tubes over here! Congrats to Ed!

Gina said...

So what degree is he going to get now?? Med school maybe???

Michelle said...

To answer Gina - not if he wants to have me as a wife! He does have some schooling he wants to do but it is on his own time, at his own pace (I think).