Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Kesley's Visit to the ER



Kesley has had a rough couple of days.  Sunday she wasn't feeling well and slept most of the day.  I finally took her temperature that night and it was 102.5 - way to high for an 8 week old baby.  I called the pediatrician and they said that I needed to take her to the ER right away - they didn't want to wait until the next morning to see her.  

At the ER, they took chest x-rays, put a catheter in to get a urine sample, and put an IV in to get blood.  All her lab work came back fine but they left the IV in over night in case they needed to take more blood or give her fluids, etc.  So, in the pictures what looks like a cast is just her IV wrapped so she didn't get it caught on anything and hurt her.  It was really sad to watch they do all that to her - she was really sad. 

The next morning I had to take her to her pediatrician.  She seemed to be doing okay - still had a fever but her labs were still okay.  So, now we just have to get through the next couple of days of her with a fever.  Poor little girl!

P.S.  Kesley is only wearing that awesome orange shirt with a zebra on it (Brecken's pjs) and the purple pants because I couldn't get her cute sleeper over her big pink arm thingy.  Trust me, I don't normally dress my little girl like that.

5 comments:

Michele said...

Poor Kesley, I hope she is doing better. Brackin was in the hospital at 8 days old with IVs and had a spinal tap. I know how you felt. It is aweful. I am glad all the tests came back normal. I love the pic of her with her hand on her check. Sweet Baby!

Gina said...

my poor little girl!

Dave and Sherri said...

Poor thing! I am SO sorry! Honestly there can't be anything worse than seeing your baby in the hosptial. I'm glad things turned out to be okay - Dang! As a side note - she still looks cute in orange pj's :)

1hotmama said...

What a trooper! It is the worst when your kids are sick, especially when they are so small. I hope she is feeling better. She is beautiful!

Christina said...

I'm glad she if feeling better. Raeleigh had the same problem, so I understand.