Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Matthew is 5!!!!! (yesterday)

What a fun day we had yesterday for Matthew's birthday!  We were still busy unpacking and recovering from our trip to Lake Powell (which I hope to blog soon but Matthew's birthday was more important) but we managed to have a bunch of our friends over for a bbq (good excuse to use up food leftover from LP and play outside).  Luckily, it was a beautiful day and we had our new waterslide up (which we share with some of our friends).  The kids had a great time.  I didn't get any pictures of the kids on the waterslide - Brecken was having a rough day.  Otherwise, it was a lot of fun.  Matthew is into Power Rangers these days, the Operation Overdrive version so he got a Power Rangers cake.  Of course, he wanted his cake to be the Power Ranger that is different colors - Tyzonn, Mercury Ranger.  So, I stayed up Sunday night decorating it.  It took forever but it was fun and worth it - Matthew loved it!  He got his big present before we went to Powell - the new Mario Cart with 4 wheels.  So, on his birthday he got some fun things from our friends, a new game, and a few Power Ranger accessories (a tracker, walkie talkies, and the Red Rangers sword thingy).  All in all, it was a great day.  Now I just have to finish getting ready for his party that is tomorrow with a few of his little friends - more Power Ranger fun!

4 comments:

Amy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATTHEW! I am so glad he has Mario Kart. We definitely need to set up a time for the kids to play.

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a fun day. I can't wait to see the lake powel pics!

Amanda Stephan said...

Hello super mom! That cake is amazing!!!! Happy Birthday to the coolest power ranger!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad we got to be a part of this special event! Happy Birthday Matthew! You really do have the coolest mom ever!

Dani