Monday, April 7, 2008

Yes - I know Easter was 2 weeks ago - but . . .

Every year (at least for the past 4 years), I have had a big Easter Egg Hunt for our friends (mostly in the neighborhood). I usually have it a week before Easter to not interfer with family parties. But this year, with Easter so early (it won't be this early again for 220 years), I was going to have it the Saturday after Easter. Well, that didn't work - the weather was horrible. It wasn't snowing (like today) or raining, but it was so WINDY and FREEZING - it just would not have been any fun for the kids. So, I postponed it until this past Friday night. And boy did we luck out. The weather was fabulous (could have been a little warmer but I am not complaining). I had over 1000 eggs for the kids to find (or really gather, there aren't lots of places to hide eggs in my yard yet). Since it was dinner time we got Little Caesars pizza for everyone and everyone brought a side dish or dessert. It turned out to be a great party!

2 comments:

Angela said...

So much to comment on... 1000 eggs. You must be a neighborhood favorite. And your yard is huge! I can't believe that is your backyard... I thought it was a neighborhood park. Looked like it was a blast!

CHILI said...

Michelle, that looks like so much fun. A lot of work for you. We did a nighttime Easter Egg Hunt with flashlights and it was fun. (We also don't have a ton of places to hide eggs.) Anyway next year I will just happen to show to Dani's house the day of the hunt, and stay.jk Whit