Friday, February 22, 2008

Deceptively Delicious

I am so excited about this cookbook by Jerry Seinfeld's wife, Jessica. It is all about getting your kids to eat better. They have 3 kids (6, 4, and 2) and they were having a hard time getting their kids to eat veggies (sound familar - it does to me). So, she has found ways to get the veggies into the food without the kids knowing - but she still offers a veggie with lunch and dinner so they still know it is important to eat veggies. Anyway, I had Ed pick up the book from Barnes and Nobles earlier this week and I have read most of it. I am so excited because it has recipes for things kids actually eat - like mac-n-cheese, tacos, hamburgers, pancakes, brownies, etc. We are trying to get our kids (okay - and me) to eat better. So, I am really hoping this helps. It is going to take some extra planning (like pureeing veggies for an hour Sunday night's) but I think it is going to be worth it. I haven't tried any of the recipes yet - I need to go to the store and buy a lot of veggies - but I will let you know how they are next week.

Here is a link to her website - she has even been on Oprah.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I got this book for Christmas from my mom, but haven't had time to read it yet. Thanks for the reccomendation and I'll be browsing it this weekend!

Amy said...

I really need to get this book. I have it on hold at the library right now but I might break down and just go buy it. I want a puree date with my husband every Sunday too!

Jolley's said...

I have LOVED this book! I've found that if you just follow what the book says about keeping the puree on hand it's much easier to just throw it in the recipe. Also, just as an extra bit of info, Costco carries Carrot Juice, which is an EASY way to add carrots also without all the work...plus both Braxten and I love to drink it (Costco has a coupon on it this week). Good luck seeing what works for you guys! We've had some good success!

Betsy said...

I haven't had much success with the recipes I've tried from the book (but my kids don't like a lot of the typical kid food, either). I hope it works great for you and I am looking forward to seeing which recipes were winners!