Thursday, November 20, 2008

Not what we were expecting!

I don't even know what to say - I am still in shock!  

Yes, we are pregnant!  And it is TWINS!!!!!!
I will be 9 weeks along tomorrow but with this being babies 5 & 6, I am not hiding it very well.  That is why I asked my doctor if I could have an ultrasound so early.  When I went for my first visit last week, I wasn't far enough along to even try to listen for a heartbeat.  I was suppose to go back in 4 weeks.  There was no way I could wait that long to tell people (they would definitely start to guess).  So, yesterday we went in for the ultrasound, just hoping to see a heartbeat.  To our SHOCK, there were TWO heartbeats!!!!  Here is how it went:

Ultrasound Lady:  Do you see these 2 dark spots? (the 2 big dark spots in the picture above)
Ed & Me:  Yes
Ultrasound Lady:  That means there are two.
Ed:  Two spots?
Me: What?
Ultrasound Lady:  Two babies!
Ed:  What?
Me:  What?  The doctor last week said with the size of my uterus, there was no way it is twins (which they have never said before).
Ultrasound Lady:  Two babies and they both look great.
Ed:  They better be twin girls!
Me:  It is way too early to know that now.
Ultrasound Lady:  I am sorry.
Me:  It is okay - we are just in shock.  It is a good thing I am laying down.
Ed:  Seriously, twins?  

So, you get the idea.  We were a bit shocked.  But we are very excited (scared, nervous, etc.) to add two more little ones to our family.  They are due June 26 but they won't let me go that long - it is too dangerous with twins.  We will see what happens.  So, if you have noticed that I haven't been blogging as much lately, this is why - I am pregnant and not feeling great.  But, the babies look good so all is well.

28 comments:

jillx3kids said...

Holy cow!!!! I just got off the phone w/ my mother who just got back from seeing grandpa! Well I jumped on to see if it was real! Good news travels fast!Congratulations!!!! Ill pray for Girls!

Amy said...

I am still in shock that you are having twins but so very very happy for you. I can totally imagine Ed when you guys got the news, I think Lance would have heart failure.

Congrats again!

Kryss said...

OH WOW! Congratulations!

Tiffany said...

Michelle........that is CRAZY! Congrats and I am glad that someone beat me out in the family so I am not the only crazy one trying to take care of a lot of kids! Gina made me laugh when she wrote to me that she didn't even know I had four. Anyway, you'll have to have a chat with Lauren about how long they let you carry twins for. Hopefully, your doctor is better! Good Luck!

Corey "Awesome" Aldridge said...

I hope they're both boys. If you have a girl, then the name of your blog just wouldn't make sense. I'm a silver lining thinker.

Gina said...

I am still in shock - you crazy mormon with 6 kids!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
Congratulations!!!!
This is so exciting!
I guess this explains all the sleeping in Vegas.
I am really happy for you.
Wendy

Jenny Stephan said...

COngratulations!! Angela just called to share the news--How exciting!! You will be such great parents to twins!!

Jenny Stephan

Betsy said...

Holy Cow! That is so exciting. I hope you have a smooth pregnancy!

Donna said...

Hadn't thought about the name of your blog ... that won't work if one is a girl ... but I hope at least one is a girl. On the other hand ... that poor little girl with 5 big brothers to be overprotective of her! : ) How fun. So many things to think about. I am really excited for you and I'm here if you need someone!

Rachel said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! This is the craziest, most fun news ever!!! And here I thought you might be all done. . . Wow! Twins! What a fun announcement!!!!!

Mo said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations and good luck!!!!!!

Sam said...

Congrats!!!!!!! Ed- ditto- I hope the're girls to! Are Dallin and the rest of the boys exited? Good Luck!!!!!

Carolyn said...

Wow! Michelle! That is so amazing! And here I was thinking that life was crazy for ME! :)

Congratulations, though! My brothers (twins) are on missions right now, and it has sure been fun having them as siblings...

Michele said...

If anyone can do it, it is you, tyou are a great mom. I will start praying now for two little girls. How perfect would that be??????

Amanda Stephan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is soooo exciting! I would have loved to see Ed's face! ha ha.

Jeanne said...

Always the overachiever. Way to go! Watch out Gibsons...here come the Weebecks!

Jolley's said...

Yeah! Twins! So, so exciting for you guys. Lets all hope for some more girl cousins!

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh. This is great news. If anybody can handle it, you can. And your timing would seem to be perfect for your Mom's schedule to be able to be with you. CONGRATULATIONS!

Julene said...

Oh my. My twins are 7 now and I still remember the look on my husband's face when the doctor gave him the news. You and those babies are in our prayers.

LJB said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! What's up with our neighborhood and twins???? Remember I am just a hop, skip, & jump away so if you need anything or if I can help in anyway (like having the boys come play so you can take a nap or something!)let me know!

iamwonderwoman said...

Congratulations--Shannon Payne told me the news tonight on the phone. You will definitely have to double the recipie for your White Bean Chili!!! I hope all goes well for you.

Gina said...

I think this was all a plan did get 23 comments on one post!

jlj said...

woo hoo! woo hoo!
congratulations!

leigh said...

i'm janiece's friend and i have 4 boys too. i hope it's twin girls too! (unless you don't want girls and want to go for 6 boys - which would mean you were superwoman!)

Haylee said...

Congratulations Michelle!! With our 4 little girls, I put in for twins a while ago (boys, of course - it would seem too cruel to have only one little boy with four big sisters!). I hope I'm as lucky as you!

Anonymous said...

Kacey said, that's two more to babysit! It will be fun to see two more little Webecke's running around. We hope all goes well for you. If anybody can do it you can!

Kristin said...

CONGRATULATIONS :) I hope all goes well with the twins. I will pray that the pregnancy goes smoothly. I am so excitied for you and Ed. I know that you will been a great mother of six. Your family is very lucky to have you. I am looking forward to reading more about the twins. Congratulations again!
Kristin Done